The mission of GenoMed Laboratories & Research Centre (GLRC) is to train our talented students for global competition in the field of advances sciences by enhancing their communication and research skills, which is ultimate to promote advanced scientific research in our country. This institution, based on its unique style of lecturing, “both on-spot and live” by the world leaders in their respective field of research, must provide a novel way to enhance the skills and information of our students and research scholars. This opportunity will not only increase the knowledge of students about the recent trends and topics of research but also will train and polish them to compete for fellowship positions to pursue their studies in top ranked universities of the world in the era of globalization.
Seminars, Symposiums and Webinars
• On-spot and Live lectures in the field of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Precision Medicine, Advance Diagnostics, Forensic Population Genetics, Molecular Pathology, Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics.
• The updates of the research labs of scientific leaders in the respective field.
Internships and Hands on Training
• Internships in the field of genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics
• Training and enhancement of writing skills for synopsis, thesis, Research report, review article and research article.
• Hands on Training for advance techniques such DNA/RNA Extraction, Gel Electrophoresis, PCR, RT-PCR, Genotyping, Sequencing, Single Nucleotide Polymorphism analysis (variant analysis), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), NGS Data Analysis, Plasmid Preparation, Cloning, Software Trainings for Data Interpretation, Mendeley and EndNote for Reference Citing and Research Facilitations, SPSS, Advanced Statistical Programs trainings like R and pLink.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) for Students of Masters and Pre-PhDs
• One year Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Program is open to qualified graduates in the field of biology, zoology, botany, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, Plant sciences, environmental sciences and biomedical sciences especially for MS and PrePhDs.
• PGD consists of advance coursework and research work
• Coursework: On-spot and Live Lectures for basic and advance courses by renowned faculty members from top-ranked universities of the world.
• Research work: Training for basic and advance research techniques and completion of advance research topic and training students for writing manuscript.
• After the completion of the coursework and manuscript write-up of the topic chosen, students are required to present and defend their research work in front of panels of scientists of the institute.
Training & Consultancy services for MS and PhD Programs (Admissions & Fellowships)
• GLRC intends to train students, for interviews with foreign professors, who are interested to get admission in renowned universities of Pakistan and top-ranked foreign universities in advance countries. The faculty members who have very vast exposures and research experience of foreign universities will conduct training of students in one-on-one meetings.
• GLRC will provide consultancy services to students to choose better institution in the fields of biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology, genetic engineering and bioinformatics and help them get admissions by completing the requirements of famous universities in the advance countries i.e. USA, Europe, Australia, Canada and China.
Collaborative Research Program
• GLRC is a state of the art research facility for genomics, transcriptomic and proteomics. It is open to students (BS, MS and PhD) from our any scientific research institutions, Public and Private Universities of Pakistan for conducting collaborative research to improve their scientific and technical competence in the field of biological sciences.